Frequently Asked Questions
Our FAQ page contains useful information for our products and their respective features. You can also find many answers to your questions at our comprehensive user guide. If your question remains unanswered feel free to contact our support department at email@example.com who will endeavour to assist you within the same working day.
- What is the difference between XLSafe PRO and VBASafe?
- What is the difference between the single and multi-license versions of XLSafe PRO?
- Will my customers have to register each of the spreadsheets individually?
- What happens if one spreadsheet is already registered and the customer makes a copy of the file?
- When the expiry period is reached, the client will want to renew his licence. Will he have to renew the licence in each XLSafe PRO file individually?
- Can the activation process of XLSafe PRO files be automated?
- Do you support Apple Mac computers?
- Which Windows versions and Microsoft Excel versions do you support?
- Does your software work with Open office?
- Is it possible that all my customers with active licence could share files together?
- Is it possible for my customers to work on the cloud like Dropbox with your software?
- Is it possible to work with the XLSafe PRO software on a PC and leave the files on a server?
- I have developed a template which the client needs to use to make multiple copies. Can XLSafe PRO work with this scenario?
- Which XLSafe PRO license is right for me?
- Do I have to buy a licence for every PC that will use my Excel application or do I buy one licence for my master PC?
- If I buy your software to protect mine, Am I the only one to pay for it of if there is a cost also for my customers?
- Do you provide a money-back guarantee?
- XLSafe PRO does not operate exactly with all the features I am looking for. Can you provide customised work for my requirements? What is the cost for this?
- I am not an Excel expert but I know that I need to protect my sensitive data in spreadsheets. Can you take care of the whole process for me?
- What methods could someone use to retrieve the data protected by XLSafe PRO?
XLSafe PRO is our flagship product which is used to protect and limit distribution of your spreadsheets and their respective contents. VBASafe is a separate add-in that scrambles your VBA code and makes it unreadable to the human eye. You can use VBASafe in conjunction with XLSafe PRO files for maximum security.
The multi-license version of XLSafe PRO provides the ability to authorise specific computers which can open the protected spreadsheets without going through the activation process. This is useful in a network environment where colleagues need to collaborate on protected files or if you intend to send a large number of spreadsheets to a client and you do not wish to activate them one by one. Refer this diagram for more details on the activation process for the XLSafe PRO multi-license version.
Yes, each XLSafe PRO file requires a unique activation key for each authorised computer. The activation process is needed only once per computer. As explained in #faq2, you could use the XLSafe PRO multi-license version to avoid this process.
The copied XlSafe PRO file will be protected and the customer can use it in the same way as the original file on his own computer. The client will not be able to transfer the copied file to another computer without obtaining an authorisation key from you.
If you choose the time expiration feature within your XlSafe PRO files and the expiry period is reached, the client will need to obtain a new activation key from you to extend the license for another period. The subscription period is fixed for each file and is set from the XlSafe PRO protection panel.
Yes, we can handle the activation process for your spreadsheets for an additional charge. The cost will depend on the number of activations per day and ranges from $5 - $10 depending on the volume of activation requests. For an additional cost, we can also seamlessly incorporate the activation process on your website if you are planning to sell your spreadsheets online.
Due to limitations in the functionality of VBA code on Apple Mac computers, these are not officially supported for use with XLSafe PRO files. However, users have noted that XLSafe PRO files are compatible with the latest version of Microsoft Office for Apple Mac computers with the latest Leopard operating system. XLSafe PRO files can also be used as normal in a Windows partition on a Mac computer.
XLSafe PRO files are compatible with all Windows operating systems and Windows Microsoft Excel versions 2000 - 2010. XLSafe PRO files support all different language locales as well as 32-bit/ 64-bit versions of Microsoft Office.
We do not currently support Open office.
This will be possible if your customers install the multi-license version of XLSafe PRO on their computers. When they activate XLSafe PRO (a one-time activation process), they will be able to use and share XLSafe PRO files amongst each other without going through the activation process for each file individually.
Yes, XLSafe PRO files are compatible for use in a cloud environment such as Dropbox.
Yes, it is possible to store XLSafe PRO files on a server. Please note in this scenario you will need to use the multi-license version of XLSafe PRO to take advantage of the sharing capabilities amongst your employees accessing the server.
Yes, you will need to instruct your clients to make copies of the XLSafe PRO template through Windows Explorer. The resulting files will be protected and the client can use them by renaming them according to what they want.
If you are a single individual who has created spreadsheets for the intention of selling them online then you can use our single developer's license. This license is suitable for individual developers who would like to protect and distribute one or more spreadsheets they have created. If you would like to take advantage of the multi-license features of XLSafe PRO and use protected files within your own computer network, you will need to purchase our small enterprise license. If you intend to use XLSafe PRO within a corporate environment you will need to purchase our corporate license. If you have any doubts on which license is suitable for your particular scenario, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our license schemes are based on the number of computers where you install the XLSafe PRO application. If you are a single developer, you will only be able to use one computer to create new XLSafe PRO files. The license is transferrable should you wish to change to a new computer at any point in time.
You will not be charged extra for anyone using your Excel applications. All of our license schemes represent one-off fees giving you the right to distribute your files to an unlimited number of users.
We offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee for our single developer's license products XLSafe PRO and VBASafe. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the product you purchased from us or it just does not meet your expectations, you should notify us within 30 days from the date of the purchase and we will process your refund. Important Read: 1. A request for a refund must be submitted via e-mail to us. Requests directed to other contact addresses or phone calls are not accepted for cancellation. In addition, we cannot refund the commission kept by any of our payment providers including Regnow.com and Paypal. 2. A non-refundable administration fee of $60 is applicable for each and every refund. 3. Please notice that on receiving moneyback you are obligated to remove the software and all related files from your computer and every data medium; your further use of the software will be regarded as illegal unless you obtain a license again. 4. Our refund support team may ask you to provide necessary evidence that the software has not operated the way it was designed. 5. If you have received dedicated technical support from us through an online video session, the respective technical support costs will be subtracted from the value of the refund. 6. Please note that the moneyback guarantee does not apply for customised versions of XLSafe PRO, small enterprise and corporate licenses, development fees and advisory services that we might provide to our clients.
Yes, the XLSafe PRO interface is both scalable and customisable according to your specific needs and requirements. We can help you incorporate the XLSafe PRO interface to your files with additional VBA procedures or any kind of security feature that you require.
Yes, in fact DataSafeXL can provide a wide range of security services with regards to information stored on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, identifying all the underlying risks and mitigating these with our innovative security software and customised solutions for our clients.
XLSafe PRO files employ advance security features which will deter any potential intruders for your spreadsheets. However, we think it's wise for you to know that there are also other threats outside Microsoft Excel in a general IT environment which are listed below. These security threats can be mitigated through a wider IT policy where we can provide additional consulting services. IT threats:
- Content from being erased, stolen, or captured and transmitted by malicious programs such as Trojan horses, keystroke loggers, and certain types of spyware
- Content from being lost or corrupted because of the actions of computer viruses
- Restricted content from being hand-copied or retyped from a display on a recipient's screen
- A recipient from taking a digital photograph of the restricted content displayed on a screen
- Restricted content from being copied by using third-party screen-capture programs or Windows screen capturing functionality